The LabArchives Microsoft Office Plugin allows Windows users to integrate LabArchives with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Once installed, you can select "Login to LabArchives", "Save to LabArchives" or "Open from LabArchives" all within Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Download and Install the Plugin
1. Download the program by clicking on the .MSI attachment at the bottom of this article. Ensure you download the correct file for your version of Microsoft Office.
2. Run the Plugin Installer file
3. Select a destination for LabArchives Office Plugin and click “Next”.
4. Confirm the Installation by clicking "Next". You may need to enter your administrator account information.
5. The installation may take several minutes. When finished, click "Next"
6. When the installation is complete click “Close”
If you experience any difficulties with installing or locating the plug-in, install the .ZIP file instead. If you experience issues with both the .MSI and .ZIP files, contact email@example.com for further assistance.
Login to LabArchives
To login, click "Login to LabArchives" and enter your login credentials on the "Sign in to LabArchives" window. Select "Keep me signed in" to save your login credentials.
Selecting Sign In will bring you to the standard LabArchives login screen. Either select your institution from the dropdown menu, or enter your email and password in this screen.
If you run into difficulties with logging in with the Direct user login option, switch your Authentication method to Password token for external applications.
If you are an Australian, UK, or EU User, and would like to log into your account, you can do so by following the steps below.
- Select the “Server” tab
- Click onto the drop-down menu
- Select https://auapi.labarchives.com if you are an Australian User, https://ukapi.labarchives.com if you are a UK User, or https://eu-mynotebook.labarchives.com if you are a EU user.
If you log in using your institutional credentials, see the Single Sign On Instructions.
Note: If your account is connected to a single sign-on system you may need to generate a password token to use applications like Folder Monitor, GraphPad Prism, or Vernier Logger Pro. Fore more information about using password tokens, please Click Here.
Save a file to LabArchives
- To save a new document to LabArchives click, "Save as to LabArchives"
- The "Save Files" window works like the Notebook Navigator. On the drop-down list, select your notebook and expand folders to view a page.
- After selecting a page, name your document and click "Save"
When you select "Save" within Microsoft Office you will see the message below. Clicking yes will upload the document to LabArchives.
Open a file from LabArchives
- To open a file stored in your notebook click "Open from LabArchives."
- The "Open Files" window works like the Notebook Navigator. On the drop-down list, select your notebook and expand folders of your notebook to view a page.
- After selecting a page, you will see any Word, Excel, or PowerPoint documents stored on that page.
- To open a document, select the file and click "Open."
If you open a file that is stored locally and there is a more recent version saved to LabArchives, you will see a message like the one below.
Detach from LabArchives
Documents opened from LabArchives that are also saved on your local drive have a connection to LabArchives.If you do not want the changes to be saved back to LabArchives, click "Detach from LabArchives".
Download Plugin for Windows – Microsoft 365 (desktop only), Office 2016 / 2019 / 2021 and after (v.16):