Users' Role and Privileges
If you decide to share data with other users, you will need to decide what role each user will have from the four options below. For more information on sharing Click Here.
- Owner - can edit, clone, and delete the entire notebook. An Owner can control who has access to the data. There can only be one designated person for this role. This person is usually a Principle Investigator, Project/Lab Manager.
- Administrator - has the same rights as the owner, but they cannot delete or clone a notebook. Each Administrator occupies 1 seat.
- User - can be given edit or view only rights. A User cannot share a notebook. Each User occupies 1 seat.
- Guest - can be given edit rights for 60 days. After 60 days, the Guest access will become read only. There isn't a limit on the number of Guests.
Below is a table of privileges based on their role in the notebook.
Having Access to the Notebook Settings menu entails:
1. Control commenting privileges.
2. Ability to add/remove persons from the notebook.
3. Control the Roles of all persons in the notebook.
4. Control signing and witnessing privileges for all persons in the notebook.
5. Ability to create and modify LabArchives Groups.
6. Ability to remove persons from LabArchives Groups.